Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Using RSS feeds and Google Reader

I love the idea of having the news delivered to me through RSS feeds but. . . it feels like I'm like the newspaper delivery gal who is running around with a multitude of newspapers but forgot which addresses to deliver them to.

These are the accounts I have: Google Reader, Yahoo!, Klein ISD Wiki, Blogspot, and Delicious. Then of course I have the old school way of receiving news and that is to pull down My Favorites menu and select my favorite website for news.

Maybe I don't quite get it yet and need more time to practice. I hope that I will get it before the 21st century becomes the 22nd.

If you would like to view the Klein GT blog in which elementary principals tell their thoughts about GT services and current articles on GT, just click the link.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Thank you for the smiles! I too have a mountain of accounts due to my Lamar course! We have Google Docs, wordpress, wix, voicthread and more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is mind boggling. There is so much out there and so little time to explore, but it is nice to have tools to organize what you find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way, I need alittle more practice with the RSS stuff before I feel completely comfortable with it. Right now it just seems like and advance favorite tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be great to condense all of the site uses into one site, with one login, and one password! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete